We're hiring - Online course content editor
Coracle (www.coracleonline.com, www.coracleinside.com, www.coraclemaritime.com) is a small, fast growing and ambitious privately owned EdTech company, based in Newmarket, near Cambridge. Our digital learning platform empowers communities of learners, especially those who may be isolated from the internet, such as mariners working at sea or prisoners incarcerated within the justice system. We enable skills gap analysis, access to learning materials, tests and assessments, evaluation and self-reflection tasks.
The company ethos is to provide proactive, innovative value-added technology and services to improve learning outcomes. Our mission is to create a world where no-one is isolated from learning opportunities.
- Do you have a good command of English language?
- Are you familiar with InDesign?
- Do you like to try new technologies?
- Are you a friendly team player, looking for a broad multi-tasking role?
- Are you good with tight deadlines?
As a result of recently awarded funding, including a grant from Innovate UK, we are looking to expand our team.
If you are self-motivated, proactive, creative, skilled, hard working and reliable, we’d love to hear from you.
We work in partnership with a number of course providers offering a range of digital courses from Level 1 through to post graduate level. Our users often do not have access to the internet, so our learning programmes need to be totally reliable: thorough testing is a key element of our process. You will have exposure to testing on a wide variety of platforms, including Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS and Android.
The Online course content editor will work closely with the rest of the team. Their primary tasks will be to:
- Take educational and other content provided by courses providers and ensure it is suitable to be loaded onto the Coracle platform
- If necessary, convert the content into a suitable format as required
- Load the content into Coracle Apps that can be run on our system on a standalone basis
Skills, knowledge and experience
This role would be ideal for a new or recent graduate with an interest in education and technology and who wants to work for a company that can make a real impact in supporting some of the most isolated, disadvantaged and vulnerable members of our community.
We do not require any specific subject matter expertise.
We are looking for intellectually capable individuals who have the resilience and ability to work under pressure, to absorb ideas quickly and who are happy to work with minimal supervision whilst delivering a high degree of accuracy.
We require someone with the following work related attributes, qualities and attributes:
- Strong IT skills
- A methodical approach to ensuring accuracy at all times
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to manage busy workloads and deal with complex matters
- Salary: £19,000 - £22,000 (depending on experience)
- Job Type: Permanent
- Start date: from 1st September 2020
- Hours: 37.5 hours / week
- Location: We expect that job will be based in our Newmarket offices although a degree of remote / virtual working can be accommodated
- Pension: Contributory company pension scheme
- Holiday: 23 working days holiday in each calendar year
- Parking: On-site
How to apply:
If you feel this role could be for you then we look forward to hearing from you. Please email your CV for attention for James Tweed to: email@example.com